|Notice on Requirements for the COVID-19 Epidemic Prevention and Control of Passengers Traveling to China|
According to the latest decision to manage COVID-19 with measures against Class-B infectious diseases, inbound travelers need to show a negative nucleic acid test taken within 48 hours prior to departure.
To ensure the health and safety of international travel, starting from 17 January 2023 on, airlines operating flights to China will be responsible for checking the negative nucleic acid test report of passengers within 48 hours before boarding, please cooperate. Spot checks on nucleic acid test reports will be conducted by China Customs on inbound travelers.
In order to facilitate the preparations for passengers going to China, ChineseEmbassy and Consulates General in the Kingdom of Thailand sort out the “Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of COVID-19 for Passengers Going to China” and the requirements for nucleic acid test reports as attached. Please read carefully and follow it to avoid affecting the itinerary.
Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of
COVID-19 for Passengers Going to China
1.Testing Requirements. Inbound travelers need to show a negative nucleic acid test taken within 48 hours prior to departure. Those who test positive need to postpone their travel until they have a negative test result. Please keep the negative test report and carry it with you for inspection.
2. Customs Declaration. Passengers need to fill in the result in the customs Exit/Entry Health Declaration Form via Wechat, the CHINA CUSTOMS Application or through the website https://htdecl.chinaport.gov.cn.
3. Boarding Inspection. Airlines operating flights to China will check the negative nucleic acid test report of passengers within 48 hours before boarding. Those who cannot show the report will not be allowed to board.
4. In-flight epidemic prevention. Please wear a mask during the flight, and strengthenthe self -prevention to minimize the risk of infection.
5. Entry Inspection and Quarantine. Please complete the necessary customs clearance procedures with the customs health declaration code upon arrival. Spot checks on nucleic acid test report will be conducted by China Customs on inbound travelers. Those with no issues to report in their health declaration who have been given regular customs inspection and quarantine clearance can enter China without being subject to quarantine. Those with issues to report in their health declaration or symptoms such as fever shall receive tests at the customs. For travelers who test positive, please exercise self-quarantine at home or place of residence or seek medical attention in accordance with the notice. Those who test negative shall go through regular customs inspection and quarantine clearance in accordance with the Frontier Health and Quarantine Law and other established laws and regulations of China.
6. Local epidemic prevention. After entering China, passengers should strictly abide by therequirements of local epidemic prevention and control.
The Requirements of Nucleic Acid Test Report
1.The report should contain the name of the subject (should be same with the name on the travel document used for the flight to China). Reports indicating the date of birth and travel document number will be preferred.
2.The report should contain the following test information: sample collection time or report time (at least one within 48 hours before boarding), test method (should be RT-PCR, antigen test not accepted), test result (should be “Negative” or “Not detected”, not accept “Inconclusive”“Grey zone” results), the name and contact information of the testing agency.
3.Report should be in the official language of the place where the flight to China takes off or English, and be checked by the airline company of the flight to China.
4.The report should be printed out if the testing agency issues an electronic report.